Victoria Short Breaks
At Victoria Children’s Home we understand the daily demands that caring for an individual with physical, emotional needs. We also understand the financial consequences for families and we can help support you through this service. It enables parents to take a break, knowing that the person they care for is safe. It also provides a positive experience for the young person.
Short breaks or respite care, are planned arrangements, on a one off or a regular basis, for a few hours or for longer.
The advantage of our service is the wealth of experience that our residential support workers and onsite professionals have, should they be required.
Our commitment, to your son/daughter is to;
- Provide 24 hour support from a dedicated team
- Take time to listen and talk to them
- Always include them in decision making
- Protect them and look after their needs
- Be there for reassurance
- Help build ongoing positive relationships with staff and peers
- Work with them to ensure that they have a positive experience
- Trips to the beach
- Life skills
- Sensory play
- And various organised clubs
To take advantage of what we offer, whether the individual attends Victoria Education Centre or not, contact us on 01202 763697. (Rates will be dependent on their needs and the length of stay). We can advise you further regarding funding and arrange for you to visit us to see our facilities and meet the staff.
We look forward to hearing from you.