Child protection is a high priority at Victoria Education Centre.
Our Designated Safeguarding Leaders are (DSLs) for school are:
- Angus Collins
- Fran Hunt
- Aaron Gregory
- Sean Mogg
As part of Victoria Education Centre’s ongoing safeguarding and child protection duties we are fully behind the government’s Prevent Strategy.
Prevent is part of CONTEST, the Government’s counter-terrorism strategy. The main aim of Prevent is to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism. Prevent focuses on all forms of terrorist threats for example international terrorism and far right extremism.
The Government’s Prevent strategy can be found at their website
Three Key Themes
The police, Local Authorities, and our partner organisations are working together to help strengthen and empower our communities to reject those who want to cause harm. We work together and focus on three key themes:
- Safeguarding vulnerable individuals through the provision of advice and support and intervention projects
- Working closely with institutions such as Universities, Schools, Prisons, Health, Charities and faith establishments
- Challenging terrorist ideology by working closely with other local and national agencies, partners and our communities
Below you can find our Statement on the Duty to Combat Extremism and Radicalisation
Joint Procedures for Sharing Information on Domestic Abuse
The Police via Children’s Services will alert the Designated Safeguarding Lead at Victoria Education Centre that a domestic abuse incident has occurred at the home of a child. We will respond to this alert which will be logged and relevant staff will be advised on a need to know basis in order to monitor the child’s welfare. Victoria Education Centre will work with all agencies to support individuals who are affected by domestic violence and abuse.
Mental Health and Wellbeing
If you are looking for help with Mental Health and Wellbeing, we recommend using the following helpful links:
You might like to take a look at these documents
- Child Protection Policy
- Safeguarding Good Practice Guidelines for Parents Leaflet
- Keeping Children Safe in Education Leaflet for Parents
- Keeping Children Safe in Education Information for Staff
- Statement on Duty to Combat Extremism and Radicalisation
- NSPCC Website
- Pan-Dorset Safeguarding Children Partnership
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection Command (CEOP)
- BCP Council – Information, advice and support services for SEND
- Education Against Hate
- BCP Council – Information for families in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole
Here is some useful information from the Safer Schools and Communities Team (SSCT)