Options and Careers Information
The transition of students from Victoria School to post-school provision represents a significant period of change for both the young leavers and their families. We work together with all parties to ensure the transition period is a well-established process and not a single event.
In October/November a concentrated effort is made to check the destinations of each individual young person, including their living arrangements and continued qualifications or training if appropriate. This is done by a variety of methods including contact with the school/college and speaking to the young person, their parent or guardian.
Student destinations Data Summer 2023 (6 students)
|Student Destinations 2022-23||Numbers|
|SEND Further Education College||6|
|Further Education College||0|
|Own programme (including social care support -as needed)||0|
|Total number of student leavers||6|
Leavers who stay on in Post 16 are more likely to progress to further education and learning on leaving school.
Students and their Parents/Carers can access transition support, information and guidance including the liaison from our Options and Careers advisor Sue Thorns.
Below are some documents to support the transition process.
- Options & Careers Information Book (Sept 2023)
- Picture Transition options 2023-24
- Transition Leaflet 2023-24
- Ansbury Special Education Needs & Disabilities EHCP guide (symbolised)
- What is a Options & Careers meeting 2023-24 pdf
- Applying to college time-line 2023-24
- Specialist college info sheet 2023-4 Pre-formal students
- Specialist college info sheet 2023-4 Entry and GCSE level students
- Get Ahead Magazine – in this magazine, you will find advice for disabled people looking to apply for jobs. It also features an article on CV writing from one of our former students, Luke Nadin. Find out more about Luke on our School Alumni page by clicking here.
- Easy Read Guide – Going to a job interview
- Easy Read Guide – Finding a job
- Easy Read Guide – Writing a CV
- Yrs 7 – 14 time line pdf
Careers Programme Information
Please contact School Careers Leader Lisa Layng for further information.