Recruitment and Working at Victoria
If you are looking for a rewarding career that makes a real difference to the lives of children and young people with physical disabilities, then VEC is the right place for you. Every one of our students is individual and can achieve something special, despite the challenges they might be facing.
With a workforce of approximately 300 staff, we can offer a work in a wide range of areas including: residential care support; teaching, education support, therapy, personal care, and support services. In return, we can offer you training and a range of other benefits, including 25 days paid holiday per annum, the opportunity to join our staff pension scheme, an employee assistance helpline, and a childcare voucher scheme. Most of all, we offer a positive and friendly working environment.
Current VEC Vacancies:
- Full & Part-time education support workers 16.75 / 32.5 hours per week Mon – Fri term time
- Teaching assistant – 33.75 hours Mon – Fri term time
- 1-2-1 Healthcare assistant 32.5 hours Mon – Fri term time
- Lunchtime student support workers 8.75 hours per week Mon – Fri term time
- School data assistant 20 hours per week working Mon, Weds, and Friday term time
- Administration assistant – Therapies & Nursing 14 hours per week Tuesday and Thursdays term time plus one week
Horizons – Adult Services
- Senior support worker – 37.5 hours
- Full and part time care support workers
- Night care support worker – various shifts
- Bank night care support worker
- Bank care support worker
- Bank nurse
For a full list of Livability vacancies, please visit the Livability Application Portal
Livability has been accredited as an Investor in People for over ten years. We are committed to ensuring the highest possible quality of care and education is offered to the children and young people who benefit from our specialist services. Therefore, all new staff are expected to participate in our thorough induction training programme, with regular ongoing training updates. We are also keen to support your own personal growth and development with opportunities for CPD, external courses and vocational training.
Livability is a positive about disabled people employer. This means that, amongst other things, we will interview all disabled people who apply for a job, providing they meet the minimum essential criteria.
We are also an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Please be assured that every application is personally reviewed – we do not use an automated screening system.
For more information please contact our Recruitment Team
Victoria Education Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We ensure our Safer Recruitment procedures reflect this commitment, therefore all staff and volunteers are subject to a DBS disclosure.
The Centre operates a no smoking policy.