Child protection is a high priority at Victoria Education Centre.
Our Designated Safeguarding Leaders are (DSLs) for school are:
- Sylvia Kerambrum
- Angus Collins
- Kate Baldwin
- Aaron Gregory
and for the Children’s Home:
- Rhiannon Beer
- Kirsty Street
As part of Victoria Education Centre’s ongoing safeguarding and child protection duties we are fully behind the government’s Prevent Strategy.
Prevent is part of CONTEST, the Government’s counter-terrorism strategy. The main aim of Prevent is to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism. Prevent focuses on all forms of terrorist threats for example international terrorism and far right extremism.
The Government’s Prevent strategy can be found at their website
Three Key Themes
The police, Local Authorities, and our partner organisations are working together to help strengthen and empower our communities to reject those who want to cause harm. We work together and focus on three key themes:
- Safeguarding vulnerable individuals through the provision of advice and support and intervention projects
- Working closely with institutions such as Universities, Schools, Prisons, Health, Charities and faith establishments
- Challenging terrorist ideology by working closely with other local and national agencies, partners and our communities
Below you can find our Statement on the Duty to Combat Extremism and Radicalisation
Joint Procedures for Sharing Information on Domestic Abuse
The Police via Children’s Services will alert the Designated Safeguarding Lead at Victoria Education Centre that a domestic abuse incident has occurred at the home of a child. We will respond to this alert which will be logged and relevant staff will be advised on a need to know basis in order to monitor the child’s welfare. Victoria Education Centre will work with all agencies to support individuals who are affected by domestic violence and abuse.
You might like to take a look at these documents
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Procedures
- Child Protection Policy
- Safeguarding Good Practice Guidelines for Parents Leaflet
- Keeping Children Safe in Education Leaflet for Parents
- Keeping Children Safe in Education Information for Staff
- Statement on Duty to Combat Extremism and Radicalisation
- NSPPC Website
- Poole Children’s Service
- Bournemouth and Poole LSCB (Local Safeguarding Children Board)
- Bournemouth Children’s Service
Here is some useful information from the Safer Schools and Communities Team (SSCT)